Sunday, October 28, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 13: Where Death Walks

I think I wrote more this week than I have in a long time. It was funny because one minute I was sitting on the bus heading to school, and the next I had pen in hand and was murdering a character. She was a pretty big deal and I was shocked that it happened. I hoped that I could force them to change their minds but it seems as though she was voted off the island... At least it freed up some space for new characters in my head.

~

There was something off about the feel of the house when I unlocked the door. I knew as I stepped in that my private sanctum had been violated. I felt it in the hairs pricking on the back of my neck. It was in the very energy of the house. Somehow I knew that death had walked here.

I saw the movement from the corner of my eye.

~

On to dog parks, cleaning and studying; all of which have been neglected this week due to work and classes.

While you enjoy this final Sunday in October, take your coffee here and check out the links to other contributors. You'll be happy that you did.

Thanks for stopping by!

KSJ

17 comments:

  1. Nice six, Keeley! Great hook at the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q. Why, oh why, do characters *always* ignore the warning bells? A. 'Cause someone's gotta die. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really subtle but menacing feel. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristal. Glad to hear it comes across exactly the way I hoped. Yay! :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good six. Kinda scary. I hate it when characters do things you don't want them to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! They should know by now that I know what's best for them... :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Stevie :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Effective and spooky! Excellent excerpt, especially for this Halloween week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Veronica :) I didn't even think about Halloween when I posted... Glad it worked out so well!

      Delete
  8. This six sets up the suspense nicely. Great six! I want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Denise, thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! The way my characters work, what happens next is anyone's guess ;)

      Delete
  9. Now why did the voices in your head do that to her? That is just not fair. I liked her. Bring her back. I so need to have a chat with the voices in your head. You can sometimes refuse to listen to them you know. You have done it before. I should know. Anyway can't wait to read the entire thing so send me some chapters or are you going to do that when you are done the entire book? Which ever suits you I guess. I am just itching to read it as always.

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not listening is an exercise in futility. Don't listen, they just strike until I do. But first I write thousands of words of crap. They are very vindictive. Trust me, we've been doing this dance for fifteen years.

      Have fun trying to get a hold of them, though ;)

      Delete