1. My characters went AWOL.
2. The dog ate my keyboard (in my house, not such a far stretch since she has eaten 2 pairs of eyeglasses, 2 phone chargers, a cell phone and dozens of pairs of socks and undergarments).
3. My niece stole all my writing utensils (a year ago this would have actually held water).
4. My monitor fell off it's stand. (This has also happened. Very inconvenient.)
5. It's too hot/cold.
6. I ran out of the good coffee.
7. I need to do laundry.
8. I can't find my desk.
9. I just need to finish reading this wonderful book. Only 76 chapters left!
10. I finally find my groove and then someone comes and knocks on my door.
Used with permission from Debbie Ridpath Ohi at Inkygirl.com.
A friend of mine - she edits most of my drafts - tells me that the real reason is that I have ADD with a keyboard.
The truth is that I experience technical difficulties if I don't give myself a deadline.
So I am participating in a 1000 words a Day Challenge (hosted by www.inkygirl.com). I pasted the badge on the top right hand corner of the blog.
Hopefully next week I'm not posting a "Top 10 Reasons My Manuscript Isn't Any Closer To Being Done".